1958 • GRANTEX FOUNDATION
It all started in 1958 when the Paschalidis brothers invested their knowledge, experience and enthusiasm in an innovative - for its time - business, based in Athens. In the beginning, the factory produced rubber components suitable for the hydraulic brake systems of both light and heavy duty vehicles. Soon afterwards, in 1960, the company established itself in the Greek market and started expanding abroad with a considerable export rate of 20%.
1964 • THE BEGINNING OF FRICTION MATERIAL MANUFACTURING
Restless and creative by nature, Grantex founders turned their interest, in 1964, to the development and production of friction materials, brake linings and brake pads, thus, terminating the production of rubber components. Their instinct proved right, as Grantex embarked a new dynamic path.
1971 • EXPANDING THE PRODUCTION
The company’s production is developed rapidly, now covering a wide range of friction materials, suitable not only for vehicles but also for industrial and marine use. This year was really successful for Grantex, acquiring a very strong competitive profile.
1984 • PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE FAIRS
In 1984, Grantex participated for the first time in Automechanika in Frankfurt, which is the largest international trade fair for the automotive industry, OEM parts, workshop equipment, etc. It stands up in comparison with major world-class companies, establishes itself setting, thus, the prerequisites for further development. Everything that sets the future of automobiles in motion is presented in Automechanika Franfurt, where Grantex’s successful participation counts 30 consecutive years!
1993 • OPENING OF FOUR BRANCHES
In 1993, after having established its presence, Grantex focused on offering better services to its clients and opened four additional branches: in Aspropyrgos, in Peania, in Northern Greece-Thessaloniki and in Skopje. For the same reason, it expanded its Sales Department with a larger experienced team.
1994 • EXPANSION TOWARDS THE PRODUCTION OF SPARE PARTS
In 1994, Grantex started manufacturing, trading and assembling spare parts for heavy duty vehicles, in collaboration with Greek and European companies.
1995-2000 • ISO 9002 / ISO 9001 CERTIFICATION
In 1995, Grantex was rewarded with an ISO 9002 quality management system certification for its continuous effort to provide high & consistent quality products and services. Therefore, is included among the first 50 ISO 9002 certified Greek companies. In 2000, another certification - ISO 9001 - came to enrich all company’s functions, including the design and development of new products and the trading of brake system spare parts.
2000 • FACTORY MODERNIZATION
In 2000, the second generation of the Paschalidis family took on and continued running the company in an equally dynamic way. The visionary spirit for renewal motivated us to modernize the factory with high-tech machinery that boosted our production.
2002 • IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPREHENSIVE ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Aiming at actively contributing to the protection of the environment and conservation of natural resources, we started implementing a clear and comprehensive environmental policy, strictly following specific operating rules in all functions and all departments.
2008 • EVOLUTION IN THE PRODUCTION OF BRAKE PADS
In 2008, the factory’s equipment was upgraded with a new automated brake pad production line which increased the capacity and productivity. In parallel, thanks to the appropriate investments in mechanical equipment, the production of brake linings was considerably increased as well.
2010 - TODAY • INTERNATIONAL ORIENTATION
Thanks to high quality products, Grantex has achieved a strong presence in both the Greek and foreign markets, where has managed to penetrate and to established itself successfully, increasing the export rate up to 85%.